Friday, January 3, 2014

Girl's Weekend Away

During the second weekend in December, My Aunt Barbara decided to hold a girl's weekend away at her house in the Ozark's.  My cousin, David, is expecting a little boy in February so my Aunt thought it would be fun to have all of the aunts, cousins and girl babies around and throw Rachel a baby shower! She was very generous and flew Payton and I out for a long weekend.  It was such a blessing to not only see my family again before Christmas but spend extra time with my aunts and cousins that I hadn't seen in awhile!  We had a great time chatting, eating, shopping at the Outlets, walking in the cold and snow and going to a dinner at the Branson Belle.  I enjoyed the cold weather (30's) since it's been so warm here and enjoyed the time together.  

We also had my grandparents over on Sunday night and presented them with a Christmas gift of boxes of memories we had thought of throughout our lifetime.  It was so fun to think back on all the times we have spent with them and have them read all of the cards and remember them for themselves!  One of the best times I've had with my grandparents and I know as they are getting older, I won't have much time left with them!  

Here's some pics from the weekend!  Jeremy did a great job with the boys having a boy weekend back at home!  He survived!











One of my favorite pictures- Ms. Frumpy Face!  She wasn't crying either!!!  My cousin Michelle's little girl, Carmen.

Lots of snow in Branson!


Carmen wanted to make sure Payton had plenty of toys to play with there!

Good morning!  Beautiful view!




Ms. Snowball


My mom, aunt and cousin David's wife Rachel!  She's expecting a boy in February!

On our way home from Branson, we were able to stop and see my old college roomate from OSU and good friend, Sara Forhetz!  We keep in contact frequently and we both are sad we can't see each other more often.  Sooooo glad I could spend a little time with her catching up and seeing her 3 kids!  I miss her!

All the snow on the drive back!


The time spent with my grandparents reading the memories we had written down.

She did perfect on the way there and perfect on the way back flying!  She was such a ham!

Making sure she knows all the safety precautions.


Thankful for the time to see my family once again!  Wish it was more frequently but grateful for the chances we do get to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment