Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy 8th Anniversary!!!

Not only do I love my boys very much....but I love my ONE BOY in my life- my wonderful HUBBY!!!!  May 14th, we celebrated 8 years being married! It's amazing how quickly time has flown by, but also feels like so long ago that we said our vows!!!  This year, we spent the day together in Malibu hiking, eating and beaching =).  It was a great time catching up, reflecting on the last years of marriage and just enjoying each other's company!  We talked about how much life changes when you have 2 kids and the joys they are....and it's so easy to forget what life was like before they came along!  

We went to dinner at the Chart House in Malibu. The Chart House was our 2nd date (Jeremy claims it was the first official).  We had a window seat and then after our dinner, we walked and talked along the beach in Santa Monica.  I will never forget one of the conversations we had that night which was when Jeremy asked me what my ideal date would be.  Being from Oklahoma, I've always LOVED the beach, wanted to live here and thought it would be so romantic to have a date on the beach....I told him while we were walking that THIS was my ideal date.  I'm sure he felt good as he scored points by choosing a good spot!  He won't forget that date because after the night, he went home to his parents the next day and told his dad he had gone on a date with his future wife.  Crazy how the Lord ordains all things and knows our every move and decision before we even make it.  I'm so thankful for Jeremy and his leadership, love and devotion to Christ, me and our family.  I couldn't ask for a better partner to love, serve along side in the home, in ministry and parent our kids!  I love you babe!!!!

Here are some pics from our wedding day 8 years ago and from our Anniversary Day in Malibu!





 Hiking Malibu Creek State Park.  They filmed M*A*S*H 2 1/2 miles into the hike. I'm too young to have watched that show. =)



 Malibu Yogurt.  Hands down best yogurt we've ever had.  John's Garden had amazing sandwiches too! 





 My dinner at Chart House.  A yummy macadamian crusted mahi....Mmm... Jeremy's dinner should be pretty obvious.  I didn't even need a pic.  Filet.  What else? =)


No comments:

Post a Comment